It was a great and glorious Easter weekend, wasn’t it? And it was also busy. So busy, with extra activities that you might now find yourself in the midst of a “Post-Easter Crash.” Maybe it is all the Easter candy. Maybe it is reintroducing food or something else you fasted during Lent. Or maybe it is the feeling of going through the motions; “life goes on!”
So how do we avoid, or dig out of, the “Post-Easter Crash?”
We turn to God. We fellowship with Him and with other believers. And we try to build on the resurrection power available for us.
This Sunday we’re starting a new series that I hope will really help us. I’m calling it “Biblical Community 101.” Over the next eight weeks I hope we’ll see the value of living life together as believers in the midst of this fallen world. We’ll start on Sunday by looking at God Himself as our model for biblical community.
Please join us in person on Sunday at 9:30 for English and 11 for Chinese! If you can’t make it in person, you can still join us online by going through our website: www.tcbcf.org then hit “watch livestream,” or go directly to our Youtube page.
1. We’re still a few subscriptions short of the 100 we need for our YouTube page. You can do that by going to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgbRGVzvKD53vjQziNRl1ww . That should bring you to “Tucson Chinese Baptist Church.” Please hit “subscribe,” and you should be all set! This will give us greater control over how we manage our live stream capabilities. Thanks to all that have already subscribed!
2. Monument Sign design. During our last business meeting in February, we continued discussion on a new front monument for the church. Several people expressed a desire for input into the sign design before we moved forward. Now is your time! Please meet Tony in the fellowship hall after church this Sunday to discuss potential designs. Please come with design ideas and sketches if possible! If you would prefer, you can email input to him directly this week firstname.lastname@example.org Tony needs input this week in order to prepare for the church council meeting the following Sunday. Again, now is your time for input into the new sign design!
3. I’ve got a previously scheduled obligation for Friday, so will not be able to host the Friday night virtual fellowshipthis week. I’ve sent out the link, and y’all are welcome to meet without me!
Until we meet again, by God’s grace, may Jesus’ resurrection power lift you out of any “Post-Easter crashes!”
See you soon!
Electronic copy of this week’s sermon outline:
Biblical Community 101: 1. The Trinity Models Biblical Community
A. Refresher on the Trinity
B. Examples of The Trinity in Community
1. “Let us” passages in Genesis
2. Jesus’ Baptism
3. Jesus’ teaching on the Spirit and His prayer for our oneness
C. So what?