Many of us (but not all) have never had to literally run for our lives. We haven’t faced a situation that called for it. Most of us have pretty routine, day to day lives. Some might even call our lives “boring.”
The reality is, we should probably be doing a lot more “running” than we are! We all have deadly enemies seeking to do us in. Often, we don’t realize it until it is too late. Then we’re trapped once again! That’s the bad news.
But there is good news.
We can flee temptation.
When we do, there is always grace for us while we run.
Our next fallen father, David, spent many years on the run. He ran for his life before becoming king. Then later he ran for his life after becoming king. In between, he should have run from temptation, but didn’t. And that failure led to personal and national pain.
But there was still grace for fallen David. When we turn from our sin, there is still grace for us too!
Please join us in person on Sunday at 9:28 for English and 11 for Chinese as we discuss fallen David. We’ll just hit a few of the highlights of his story. If you can’t make it in person, you can still join us online by going through our website: www.tcbcf.org then hit “watch livestream.”
1. We need as many people as possible (at least 100) to subscribe to our YouTube page. You can do that by going to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgbRGVzvKD53vjQziNRl1ww . That should bring you to “Tucson Chinese Baptist Church.” Please hit “subscribe,” and you should be all set! This will give us greater control over how we manage our live stream capabilities. Thanks to all that have already subscribed! We’re almost two-thirds of the way to our goal!
2. Friday night virtual fellowship. We’re going to be discussing last week’s sermon on Saul. Let me know if you need the link, and then join us Friday night online at 7!
3. We’ll be joining with two other churches in Mid-town to do a combined virtual Good Friday service at noon on April 2nd. There will be three different ways to watch (and share):
Hope you can join us online for Good Friday!
4. Our Easter Sunrise service will be at 7AM on April 4th. Join us in person or online. I’d also like to encourage you to share our church website and Youtube link with your friends, so they can join us during the live stream or later during the day or week.
Until we meet again, by God’s grace, may you flee temptation this week and run quickly back into the Lord’s arms of grace!
See you soon!
Electronic copy of this week’s sermon outline:
A. Fallen David
1. Young _______________ hero
2. King in _____________, on the ________
3. Murderous _______________
4. King in _________, on the ________ again
B. Gracious God
1. God saw _________ in spite of ______
2. God ________ Him closer and _______________ His throne
3. God ____________ him to sing, write, and worship
4. God gave us a _______________ ____ __________ in the Old Testament through David
C. So, what can we learn from David?